In the 2022-23 School Year, Educators Received700 Grants & Awards
Thank you for your interest in a grant from the SAISD Foundation.Moved by the power and talent of our educators and the impact of their ideas on student outcomes, we are proud to share that in 2022-23 we reached a new milestone – awarding 700 educator grants and awards! We are excited to continue the momentum in the 2023-24 school year.
Three Types of Grants Available to SAISD TeachersWe offer three levels of grants for San Antonio ISD educators: New Teacher Grants, Mini-Grants and Innovative Grants. We work to ensure educators and school leaders in SAISD have the ability to expand student experiences and increase student success through unique learning opportunities. Learn more about each grant cycle below.
New Teacher Grants
Next Grant Cycle
New Teacher Shopping Day typically takes place at three locations, HEB, Target, and Learning Zone during San Antonio ISD’s New Teacher Orientation. Participating teachers will have the opportunity to visit one of these three locations to claim their $100 grant before the new school year.
Since the fall of 2007, the SAISD Foundation has awarded more than 1,400 new teacher grants to educators in SAISD.
Next Grant Cycle
The Mini-Grant cycle for the 2023-2024 school year has begun! Bi-monthly, we review the list of current SAISD teacher projects in DonorsChoose and select as many projects to invest up to $500 each! (see restrictions below)
If you are not familiar with DonorsChoose, get started by clicking Apply below. The reference sheet has additional information.
All items will be shipped directly to the school by DonorsChoose upon funding. A few things to remember regarding our funding:
- We plan to invest in a teacher only once in the school year. (Of course, you can post as many projects for general support as you like.)
- We will work to reach as many of our campuses as possible
- Food, clothing & hygiene items will not be funded as a part of our mini-grant support
If you have received a grant from us in the past, evaluations should be submitted 30 days after implementing the grant. To submit your evaluation click here.
Applications Open Jan 8!
Review the Innovation Grant timeline below.
- January 8th – 1st Round Video Application Opens. Submit your application on Flip!
- February 23rd – Deadline for 1st Round Video Application
- March 4th – Teachers Notified of advancing to 2nd round application via Google Forms
- March 25th – Deadline for 2nd Round Google Form Application
- April – May – Teachers notified of the grant award
- May-August – The Foundation will work with winners to purchase materials
What your Grant should include!
- The project should be innovative and new for your campus/grade level/department.
- The project should aim but is not required, to help SAISD reach one of the SAISD board goals:
- Improve reading and writing outcomes for all students
- Improve math outcomes for Black students
- Improve college readiness for students with disabilities
- Improve social-emotional readiness for all students
- Grant budget requests cannot exceed $5,000. The overall project budget can be over $5,000.
- Educators are welcome to partner with other teachers and staff for the project.
- The budget should include one-time expense(s) and projects should be sustainable.
- The project will be implemented during the 2024-2025 school year.
Round 1 Flip Video Application
- Applications will only be accepted by uploading a video to the SAISD Foundation’s Flip group.
- Videos should be no more than 2 minutes in length.
- This simple video should be recorded in the classroom or area where the project will take place.
- The video needs to highlight how the project will make a difference for you and your students.
Extra points are awarded if the project helps to reach one of the SAISD board goals.
Funds to investment in our schools are raised annually throughEvents sponsors and individual donors
See how the great ideas of educators are making a difference for students.